Friday, October 16, 2009

Feast of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque....October 16



Chosen by God
to reveal to the Christian World
the devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.


"What a weakness it is to love Jesus Christ
only when He caresses us,
and to be cold immediately once He afflicts us.
This is not true love.
Those who love thus, love themselves too much to love God with all their heart."


St. Margaret Mary Alacoque


Read about St. Margaret Mary


Translation of French words.

At the top: The Revelation of the Sacred Heart

At the bottom: The apparition of Our Lord to the blessed Margaret Mary [Alacoque], religious sister of the Order of the Visitation of St. Mary [the BVM] at the Monastery of Paray-le-Monial.

.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have A Sacred Heart Statue at home and at Church.
O Sacred Heart of Jesus I place all my trust in Thee. Amen

Micki said...

diddleymaz - I pray we can say that prayer and truly mean it. Not an easy thing to do.

Anonymous said...

I know somebody who has this exact painting you are showing, could you please give me more informations regarding the painter and origin of this p[ainting please

Unknown said...

The sisters at the convent in Michigan had a candle lite in the cove they have in their chapel for my personal intentions. I live in So Calif (formerly from Toledo,OH) our churches have electric votive DUI to fire danger is so high here. The sisters heard of an email that I sent to a dear friend in Toledo. In it I asked her to light a real candle in a church, if she found one with real candles. The sisters heard about it and lit a candle it St Margaret Mary's Shrine and emailed me personally that it was done and that they would also keep my family in their prayers. I have since gone on line to read about St Margaret Mary. I feel Blessed and calm that I have her and the sisters prayers. Is there a way that I could a copy of the Holy Card? I would like to keep it in my very worn out prayer book that I take to mass here in Mission Viejo Calif, St. Kilian's, a very Irish Saint. My Husband & I were married at Saint Stanislaus church 51 yrs ago. I am 100% Polish (Pacewicz) & my husband Scotch-Irish (Lougheed)....we haven't killed each other yet thanks to our Faith in our Dear Lord. Be Blessed. Diane Pacewicz-Lougheed, 23716 Villena, mission Viejo, CA 92692

Anonymous said...

Diane Lougheed, please email me your email address. Mine is listed on the left-hand side-bar on the blog.

Micki