Tuesday, April 21, 2009

*Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.........April 21


Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep;
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

OR:

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
Angels watch me through the night,
And wake me with the morning light.


This is not a holy card but a postcard.

It is special to me because I had a dog
as a child that looks just like this one.
"God bless Mommy, Daddy, Tommy, Buddy and "Silver"
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL. thank you for the wonderful way you start us on our day. God bless you always.

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful!
My friend ,buddy the rotty sits and watches me while i say rosary

Alice said...

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep;
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take. ..... this is also a Metallica song!

Micki said...

Anonymous - Thank you for taking the time to share such a nice compliment. Blessings to you also.

Anonymous - Your friend has my "brothers" nickname. Now you will just have to have "buddy the rotty" keep on keeping you prayerful company.

Alice - I bet this nighttime prayer has been around longer then Matallica! Glad to hear someone put it to music though. :-)