Friday, February 6, 2009

*Feast of St. Paul Miki..........February 6

Nagasaki, Japan Martyrs


"The only reason for my being killed is that I have taught the doctrine of Christ. I thank God it is for this reason that I die. I believe that I am telling the truth before I die. I know you believe me and I want to say to you all once again: Ask Christ to help you become happy. I obey Christ. After Christ's example, I forgive my persecutors. I do not hate them. I ask God to have pity on all, and I hope my blood will fall on my fellow men as a fruitful rain. "

( St. Paul Miki)



God our Father, source of strength for all your saints, you led Paul Miki and his companions through the suffering of the cross to the joy of eternal life. May their prayers give us the courage to be loyal until death in professing our faith.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's "Paul Miki" and not "Paul Micki!"

joannaB73 said...

The Sacrifice of the Saints encourages me in my own faith which seems weak by comparison.

Anonymous said...

A very different, but pretty holy card. I love the message, what Faith!! I love the message left by JoannaB. it really was meaningful and true!! As I have stated in my previous messages, I wish to Thank you Micki for having this wonderful "Gift" for the rest of us who are on this 'bumpy' road to Heaven! May the Grace and Love of Jesus, Our Lady and all the Saints be with us until we safely make it HOME!! A blessed evening to all! John K.

Micki said...

Micki said...
Anonymous - But "Micki" loves St. P. Miki

JoannaB - Yes, so true. And I for one also need their encouragement.

John K - Love your reference to "the bumpy road to heaven". Thank you Lord that you give us "shoulders" to lean on.

6:34 AM

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this holy card! My husband is being received into the Church this weekend at the Easter vigil, and he is choosing St. Paul Miki as his patron saint for his Confirmation. It is rare to find a picture of St. Paul Miki, so I really appreciate it. Thank you and God bless! C. Arakaki

Micki said...

C. Arakaki - Thank you for sharing about your husband's reception into the church this weekend. May God bless him with His choicest blessings. May I simply say "welcome". Of course I love his Confirmation name.....as you can see by my nickname "Micki."