Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Accompany Jesus in His Agony, Tuesday of the Second Week of Lent



The day will come, sooner than we think,
when death will be near. The soul will be alone with Christ.
We shall then know what it is
to have continued with Him in His temptations;
we shall hear Him say to us,
in this supreme and decisive agony,
which is now our own:
'You did not forsake Me in My agony,
you accompanied Me when I went to Calvary to die for you.
Behold Me now;
I am near you to help you,
to take you with Me.
Fear not, have confidence, it is I!'

Blessed Columba Marmion

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Boy Jesus (showing His little Sacred Heart) says to each of us (the lamb), "Follow me" ("Sequere Me").

John

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that, John! I couldn't figure the writing out (I must need glasses).

And a lovely card, Micki, as usual. I truly hope He will tell me I did not forsake Him - I know He didn't forsake me, ever.
Best Regards, Lynneda

Akalei said...

Oh this one is very beautiful too!! :-D It really matches with the quote :-)

Easter Almuena said...

"'You did not forsake Me in My agony, you accompanied Me when I went to Calvary to die for you. .."

This is the beauty of the Lenten season, the Season of Grace. Grace allows us to walk with the suffering Christ to fully appreciate the resurrected Christ.

Micki, I love those cards which depict the Christ child. How can we resist a child?

Thank you, Micki! So glad to see Charity Therese, my second one, visiting you here. :-)

Micki said...

John - You always bring more understanding to a card. I love being "the lamb" following Him. Thanks.

Lynneda - He certainly would say that to you I'm sure.

CT - Thank you for noticing. I try.

Easter - A great thought not to be missed.....about grace. Thank you for saying that.