Tuesday, January 20, 2009

*His Divine Presence..........January 20




Be sure to click on the holy card for an enlargement that shows it's true artistic beauty.

"It is happiness to be in heaven, no doubt,
because it is to be with Jesus;
but have we not almost the same happiness here?
Do we not possess Him in the Most Holy Sacrament? Did we but know how to profit by His Divine Presence, we should in some way have no reason
to envy the inhabitants of the Heavenly City."

Marie Estelle Harpain (1814-1842)


"ELEVATION OF THE CHALICE -- One of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water." (John 19:34)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends,

Here is the meaning of the French words at the bottom of the card:

"ELEVATION OF THE CHALICE -- One of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water." (John 19:34)

John

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card and text. This is one of my favorite images, Thank you for sharing these "Gems." A blessed day to all! John K.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Micki! This one has special meaning - our Assistant Pastor explained to me in front of my class just how special The Priests' Fingers were, Consecrated to confect The Most Holy Sacrament of The Eucharist, and that NO other hands should ever touch Our Lord. That was somewhere back in 1964, and I NEVER forgot it. Awesome. In Nonime Domini, Adrienne.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful,I love this and as I look forward to getting to partake of the Eucharist this has a particular beauty to me!

Thank you, again for your wonderful ministry! I can't wait to pop in here first thing and see what awaits me! It is like a little daily present!
God Bless,
Ally

Micki said...

John - It's amazing how many of these cards are French. Thanks.

John K. - Sure makes me happy that you think of them as "gems"...I agree :-)

Adrienne - I wish more priests would share those feelings. I remember when priests used to keep their fingers together like that because of any possible "crumbs" of the Eucharist that might have stayed there after the elevation. Good old Catholic school teachings way back huh?

Ally - I love the visual of you "popping" in first thing in the morning. Hope you don't see me then still in my "jammies"....haha