Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Denied by Peter.....March 24







Peter said he would never disown Christ, despite Jesus' prediction. But when frightened, he went against all he promised. He failed as a disciple and as a friend.

We need to be aware of our own breaking points and not become overconfident or self-sufficient. If we fail him, we must remember that Christ forgives and can use those who recognize their failure as He did Peter.





Featuring copyrighted artwork from http://www.mhkohl.com/
“The Hands Project”.
Thank you Molly for the holy cards.

4 comments:

aspiring... said...

Just a thank you again, Micki. The collection you're posting remains so moving in the context of genuine holy hands at work, represented in this art, and, as we talked about earlier, within the context also of the work of our own hands in contrast or comparison. I have an epic poem in my mind now covering this range of thought, for which I'm grateful to you. Interesting also for me is finding that you've written about Peter today, as did I :) ! I've written again ! vs. posting excerpts. Our Lord's engagements and entanglements with Peter are/can be heartening for us to say the least. Joy to you this day, I pray.

Micki said...

And what a powerful post you did. I hope others come and read it. Filled with a extra push needed now seeing the end of Lent in site. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, beautiful post! "Thank You" ...Freda...

Micki said...

Freda - Good to meet up with you again. Hope you are having a blessed Lent.